Post updated at 23.3.2020 klo 16.05
Levi Ski Resort has suspend all of its operations on 22th of March 2020. The measure is undertaken in order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. With this action, Levi Ski Resort wants to secure the health and wellbeing of both customers and employees, and to support the measures taken by the Finnish Government. READ MORE
If you were coming to the slopes of Levi during the spring and you have pre-purchased ski passes, ski school courses or rental equipment, and your plans are impacted by this operational suspension, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and enclose a copy of your receipt. We will follow up with a refund. At this stage of the season, we will not be able to refund Season Passes or Company Passes.
Rental equipment we ask you to return as soon as possible to Zero Point rental.
You can find the general Corona-info of Levi area at levi.fi/en/corona-info
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS from THL (Finnish Institute for healtH and welfare)
Wash your hands
The best way to protect yourself against coronavirus and other infections is by maintaining good hand hygiene. Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
Cough correctly - do not infect others
If you have the flu or its symptoms, staying home is the best way to prevent it from spreading. Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing. Immediately put the used handkerchief in the rubbish bin. If you don't have a handkerchief, cough or sneeze onto the upper part of the arm of your sweater, not into your hands.
Use an alcohol-based handwash
If hand washing is not possible, use an alcohol-based handwash.
More information about coronavirus can be found on the THL website: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates
Recommendations from SHKY
- Consider others and head to the slopes only completely healthy, stay at home in case you feel unwell. If you have any symptoms associated with Covid-19, call a health center or hospital emergency department. The most common symptoms of coronavirus are high temperature, cough, sore throat, headache, and shortness of breath.
- For those who belong to risk groups defined by The Finnish Institute for Health and welfare we recommend to take a break from skiing activities during the pandemic situation.
- People in quarantine should not come to the ski resort.
- Two people are allowed in the T-bar lifts only when they are related or from the same party.
- In chair lifts a distance of at least one meter must be kept, or one must travel only with family or members of the same party.
- In covered chairlifts and the gondola lift travel is only allowed with family or members from the same party.
- All rental gear, including helmets and poles, are cleaned with disinfectant after each use.
- All ski resorts under Finnish Ski Area Association will carefully follow all the latest guidelines and orders given by the health authorities.
- Purchasing ski passes online in advance is recommended in order to avoid any excess contact.
- The group size of ski schools is less than 10 persons. All close contact should be avoided.
- For the time being, any larger competitions and public events at the ski resort will be cancelled.
- If the authorities close the ski resort, the remaining share of unused Ski passes and rental equipment will be refunded to customers. In such a situation, customers should be directly in contact with the place of purchase of the ski passes and/or rental equipment. At this stage, season cards or season rentals will no longer be refunded.
- Levi Ski Resort and the Finnish Ski Resort Association actively monitor the situation and act according to the instructions of the authorities.
All recommendations given by The Finnish Ski Area Association (FSAA) regarding coronavirus you can find here.